Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It Arrives!

My homebrew kit arrived today from More Beer, and the stuff looks great. The eight gallon should be an amazing tool. I'll be able to do a full boil on five gallon recipes with a bit of care against boil overs. The clear plastic carboy is interesting. I think it will be my primary fermenter, set up for blow-off.

I still need to get a few more items to do the brewing: another carboy for secondary fermentation, and a good angled brush for cleaning it. And the burner, which, not unexpectedly, my wife is already complaining about the cost of.

The included light ale kit looks so thin compared to the Organic Imperial IPA kit I've been holding. Two little foil bags of hop pellets compared to seven big bags of whole and pellets!

If I get my bathroom tile setting completed on Saturday, I could be brewing batch #1on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment